|Home | Contact us | Links | Archives | Search|
Issue 494 -- 16th - 22nd July 2011
Partnership for Economic Growth
Scope of Work
The Grants Manager will manage an fund targeted for local non-governmental organizations, particularly those promoting private sector development. The Grants Manager will devise and assist in the design, development and implementation and program monitoring and evaluation of grant-making authority and grants management policies, procedures, and practices. The grants manager will also be responsible for arranging local subcontracts for partners in the implementation of program activities. The grants and local partnerships will be part of a larger USAID-funded initiative to strengthen the private sector and investment climate in Somaliland.
Level of Effort & Location:
This is a full-time position, based in Hargeysa. Regular travel to project implementation areas may be required.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Grants Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
· Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as grantees to ensure adherence to grant management policies.
· Analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
· Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants.
· Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
· Analyze and evaluate the proposals for local subcontracting partnerships
Qualifications and Desired Competencies:
· Three to five years demonstrated experience in grants design and administration, preferably in the area of economic growth.
· Prior background in grants award and grants management as well as prior experience in the award and administration of subcontracts.
· Working knowledge of Donor Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures required.
· Fluency in English is required.
How to apply:
Submit well written cover letter and CV including daytime telephone number to email address email@example.com
Closing date: 21st July 2011